MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The Florida Holocaust Museum (FHM) honors the memory of millions of innocent men, women and children who suffered or died in the Holocaust. The Museum is dedicated to teaching members of all races and cultures to recognize the inherent worth and dignity of human life in order to prevent future genocide. One of only three American Alliance of Museum (AAM) accredited Holocaust museums, the Florida Holocaust Museum boasts an outstanding collection of contemporary visual art as well as the largest Holocaust research library in the Southeastern United States. Its permanent exhibition highlights the artifacts, photographs, documents and testimonies of Holocaust Survivors and Liberators who came to settle in Florida. Please visit www.flholocaustmuseum.org for more information about the Museum and its programs.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement and working closely with the entire Museum team, the Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the Florida Holocaust Museum’s audience, website and main social media channels are updated regularly with fresh news stories, events, images, and other content. The Marketing Communications Specialist’s mission is to make sure that all of these outlets reflect what is happening at FHM as well as those that reflect FHM’s mission, goals and key priorities.
The Marketing Communications Specialist 's responsibilities include:
· Overseeing the planning, production and dissemination of FHM’s newsletters and email
· Regularly updating FHM’s website and social media, including news, stories, events, multimedia and other areas
· Creating content for FHM’s website as needed, including writing, rewriting, editing, proofreading and fact checking
· Writing, managing and scheduling posts on the FHM’s main social media feeds
· Developing and executing web and social media strategies
· Staying abreast of web and social media trends
· Collaborating within the office to keep track of upcoming stories and events
· Reviewing and assessing content to ensure it adheres to FHM messages and goals
· Offering creative solutions and ideas for presenting content on and offline
· Collaborating with key contacts across the Museum to create content
· Coordinating emergency updates to the home page and posting related news or alerts as needed and working closely with office administrators
· Troubleshooting web and social media issues as needed
The Marketing Communications Specialist must be able to meet deadlines and juggle responsibilities, working collaboratively with other staff members. Must be detail oriented, calm under pressure, and have the ability to think creatively while working both independently as well as part of a team. Must also be able to work some night and weekend hours when necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Strong critical thinking skills to ensure that FHM’s web and social media presence stay on message
· Functional understanding of web usability, social media conventions, and information architecture
· Experience with content management systems; some HTML
· Power user of Wordpress, Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Resumes with cover letter should be sent to:
No phone calls regarding position.