Current Employment Opportunities:
- Facilities Maintenance (Part Time)
- Security Officer (Part Time)
- Marketing Communications Manager (Full Time)
Facilities Maintenance (Part Time)
Position Description: Provide light maintenance to ensure safe, comfortable conditions for visitors and staff at The Florida Holocaust Museum. Must be comfortable wearing a mask.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean and sanitize frequently touched surfaces in Museum throughout the day, wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
• Maintain the Museum’s exterior and grounds.
• Set up and break down chairs and tables for events.
• Perform minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
• Fix door handles, patch walls, and other light maintenance jobs.
• Painting of interior walls as instructed.
• Assist housekeeping with access to spaces and cleaning supplies
• Alert supervisor when maintenance issues accrue or require a contractor or vendor, cleaning or maintenance supplies run low, or safety issues arise.
• Follow supervisor’s daily instructions of jobs to work on.
• High school diploma and 2-3 years’ experience required.
• Ability to communicate in English required.
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment, including facemask for extended periods.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds required.
• Background check and drug screening required.
• General maintenance field experience.
Please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes can be dropped off at the Museum during open hours (daily 10am–4pm). Open for applications until this position has been filled.
Security Officer (Part Time)
Summary Description: The Security Officer is responsible for the protection, safeguarding and security of assets, personnel and all visitors. Part-time position, 25- 30 hours per week. Must be comfortable wearing a mask.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performing security patrols on the floor and exterior of the Museum
· Protecting property from theft, sabotage, fire and accidents
· Investigates and writes reports (when necessary) on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations
· Provide any needed assistance to visitors and employees within the museum’s procedures
· Monitor Museum security cameras
· Check visitors in the Museum by use of metal detector and x-ray equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public
· Must be able to understand and follow standard operating procedures
· Perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
· Write and investigate required reports
· Make independent and good judgment decisions within museum policy and procedures
Must have a Florida class D Security License. High school graduate. Preferably military veteran or law enforcement experience.
Email resume to email@example.com or fax resume to (727) 894-8096.
Marketing Communications Manager (Full Time)
Reporting to the Director of Advancement and working closely with the entire Museum team, the Marketing Communications Manager will be responsible for creating, activating and measuring a strategic plan for pr & marketing in support of the Florida Holocaust Museum’s mission as the museum reopens its doors and the institution heads towards its 30th Anniversary. Building clear messaging and narratives that cut across and unify various dimensions of The FHM’s work, the Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for ensuring that The Florida Holocaust Museum’s audience in the Tampa Bay community and throughout the State of Florida are updated regularly with fresh news stories and events through a variety of media, website, social media channels, eblasts and other avenues. The Marketing Communications Manager’s mission is to make sure that all of these outlets reflect what is happening at The FHM as well as those that reflect The FHM’s mission, goals and key priorities.
The Marketing Communications Manager must be able to meet deadlines and juggle responsibilities, working collaboratively with other staff members. Must be detail oriented, calm under pressure, and have the ability to think creatively while working both independently as well as part of a team. Must also be able to work some night and weekend hours when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Functional understanding of web usability, social media conventions, and information architecture
- Experience with content management systems; some HTML
- Must be proficient using design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, etc
- Power user of WordPress, Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Resumes with cover letter should be sent to:
No phone calls regarding the position.
Current Internship Opportunities:
- Public Relations Department (Part Time, Unpaid)
Public Relations/Marketing Intern (Part Time, Unpaid)
The Florida Holocaust Museum is seeking a public relations/marketing intern.
The Public Relations Intern will assist the Marketing Communications Specialist with tasks related to marketing and media relations.
Supports Public Relations/Marketing in the following areas:
•Coordinate Museum’s newsletter.
•Assist in special events coordination, from beginning to end; selecting venue, set up and break down of the room, prepare programs/agendas, assemble gift packages.
•Assist with designing and layout of program/event invitations.
•Maintain and update media and VIP lists in database.
•Prepare bulk mailings, press releases and press kits.
•Organize and maintain Museum-related news articles and photographs.
•Perform other duties as required.
•Sensitivity to issues of racism/intolerance and Holocaust survivorship.
•Ability and willingness to learn about PR practices and protocol.
•Familiarity with Microsoft Office, databases and other computer programs (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop)
•Familiarity with digital imaging, photography, and related equipment
•Strong attention to detail without compromising ability to multi-task
•High level of organization
•Self-motivated, consistently responsible and dependable
Education: Enrollment in or completion of an academic program in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Mass Media. Must have a basic understanding of public relations and its broad scope which includes all media relations. Competent proof-reader, and comfortable with revising and editing documents.
Please send your resume, including relevant coursework, and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open for applications until this position has been filled.
About The Florida Holocaust Museum:
The Florida Holocaust Museum (The FHM) honors the memory of millions of innocent men, women and children who suffered or died in the Holocaust. The Museum is dedicated to teaching members of all races and cultures to recognize the inherent worth and dignity of human life in order to prevent future genocide. One of only three American Alliance of Museum (AAM) accredited Holocaust museums, The Florida Holocaust Museum boasts an outstanding collection of contemporary visual art as well as the largest Holocaust research library in the Southeastern United States. Its permanent exhibition highlights the artifacts, photographs, documents and testimonies of Holocaust Survivors and Liberators who came to settle in Florida. Please visit www.TheFHM.org for more information about the Museum and its programs.
Learn more about volunteer opportunities with The Florida Holocaust Museum.