- This event has passed.
Letters From Anne & Martin
April 22 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm| Free
Tune into The FHM’s Facebook Live on Thursday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m. to watch the impactful production, Letters From Anne & Martin.
Combining the iconic voices of Anne Frank and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., this compelling production evokes the timeless message of hope for peace and a more united world. The production is a dramatic presentation of parallel worlds and kindred spirits in our history, drawn entirely from the text of Anne Frank’s The Diary of a Young Girl (1947, expanded 1995) and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Letter from Birmingham Jail (1963).
A virtual live performance will be offered to all Florida middle and high schools in partnership with The Florida Department of Education on Friday, April 23 at 11:00 a.m. To register for the Florida middle and high school performance, click here. This performance will also be recorded and available on-demand after the event. If you have questions about the school performance, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our sponsors: Massey Law Group, P.A., the Pinellas Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (PFAWL), and the Florida Bar Committee on Diversity & Inclusion.
This production was written, produced, and directed by The Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect. Letters From Anne & Martin was conceived by Hannah Vaughn, developed by Alexandra Gellner, and directed by Mario Haynes. Parish Bradley is cast as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Olivia Konteatis is cast as Anne Frank.
About the Cast:
- Mario Haynes – Director
- With a passion for education and human rights issues, Mario is an actor/ writer/ teaching artist based in NYC. He teaches the “Art and Propaganda” and “Bystander to Ally” workshops for the AFC. www.mariohaynes.com
- Parish Bradley – Cast as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Parish Bradley is an American actor from Buffalo, New York. He studied acting at both Stella Adler school of acting as well as The Bova Actors Workshop. He is currently an Artistic Associate with the professional theatre group “The Seeing Place.” His most recent film work is a short film called “See You Yesterday,” with executive producer Spike Lee and screened in over 30 National and International Film Festivals in 2017. To learn more about Parish Bradley visit his website: parishbradley.com.
- Olivia Konteatis – Cast as Anne Frank
- Olivia Konteatis is a Manhattan based actress and singer. She is incredibly honored to tell Anne’s story. The more she reads of Anne’s work and her incredibly creative mind, the more she falls in love. Olivia is a graduate of NYU Tisch, The New Studio on Broadway. Recent credits include: I Want A Country (NY Fringe Festival), Matt & Maddie (Midtown International Theatre Festival), Fun Home, Merrily We Roll Along, Idomeneus (NYU Tisch). Olivia is from New Jersey and is a proud first generation American! Her family’s roots are in Cyprus and Ireland. oliviakonteatis.com.