- Collection I.D.:
- Date of Birth:
- Frankfurt Am Mein
Edith Simon was born in Frankfurt am Mein, Germany and raised with one brother in a reform Jewish home. Her father owned a wine sales company.
On November 9, 1938 she witnessed Kristallnacht. She emigrated with mother and brother to United States on November 25, 1939 via Italy with help from Swiss family members and a cousin in the United States. Her father arrived two years later.
Edith Simon discusses Kristallnacht.
The Debbie and Brent Sembler Florida Holocaust Museum Lecture Series at USFSP Presents: Tilar J. Mazzeo, author of Irena’s ChildrenMarch 30 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
April 24 @ 10:00 am - 6:30 pm
April 30 @ 10:00 am - July 2 @ 5:00 pm
- The FHM Launches “25 Survivors, 25 Stories… Celebrating 25 Years!” Oral History Series March 25, 2017
- The Florida Holocaust Museum Announces Celebrity Judges for Pass the Plate: The FHM’s Spring Cook-Off! March 22, 2017
- The Florida Holocaust Museum Launches 25th Anniversary “Ask Me” Campaign March 21, 2017
- The FHM Announces 3rd Annual “Pass the Plate: The FHM Spring Cook-Off” March 16, 2017
- Internationally Renowned Human Rights Activist John Prendergast to Speak in Gulfport! March 6, 2017