- Collection I.D.:
- Date of Birth:
- Frankfurt Am Mein
Edith Simon was born in Frankfurt am Mein, Germany and raised with one brother in a reform Jewish home. Her father owned a wine sales company.
On November 9, 1938 she witnessed Kristallnacht. She emigrated with mother and brother to United States on November 25, 1939 via Italy with help from Swiss family members and a cousin in the United States. Her father arrived two years later.
Edith Simon discusses Kristallnacht.
September 23 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
October 2 @ 10:00 am - October 7 @ 5:00 pm
February 10, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- The FHM Releases the Sixth Story in its “25 Survivors, 25 Stories… Celebrating 25 Years!” Oral History Series August 28, 2017
- The FHM’s Upcoming Exhibition Deals with the Perceived Absence of God and Civilization during the Holocaust August 21, 2017
- St. Pete Nonprofits Partnering to Celebrate the Arts August 17, 2017
- Statement on the Relevancy of Teaching About the Holocaust in 2017 August 17, 2017
- The Florida Holocaust Museum has been nominated for TWO local community awards! August 9, 2017