- Collection I.D.:
- Date of Birth:
- Frankfurt Am Mein
Edith Simon was born in Frankfurt am Mein, Germany and raised with one brother in a reform Jewish home. Her father owned a wine sales company.
On November 9, 1938 she witnessed Kristallnacht. She emigrated with mother and brother to United States on November 25, 1939 via Italy with help from Swiss family members and a cousin in the United States. Her father arrived two years later.
Edith Simon discusses Kristallnacht.
January 27 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
February 10 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
February 10 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- The FHM Releases the Tenth Story in its ’25 Survivors, 25 Stories… Celebrating 25 Years!’ Oral History Series December 25, 2017
- The FHM Announces ‘To Life’ Loebenberg Humanitarian Award Honorees! December 20, 2017
- Artist Talk and Reception with Murray Zimiles on “The Holocaust and the Book of Fire” November 27, 2017
- The FHM Announces “Seven Dollar Difference” Campaign for Giving Tuesday! November 27, 2017
- The FHM Releases Ninth Story in “25 Survivors, 25 Stories… Celebrating 25 Years!” Oral History Series November 25, 2017