The FHM’s Holocaust Education Continues
During these challenging times, with most schools switching to virtual classrooms, we are ready to assist you with teaching about the Holocaust.
Zoom Virtual Classroom
Our Education Team is happy to schedule a grade-appropriate virtual lesson with you and your students. You can also invite a Survivor or a Second Generation (adult child of Holocaust Survivors) into your virtual classroom via Zoom. Zoom provides an online meeting opportunity and interaction with students. We can host up to 100 participants in one virtual classroom. Please let us know if you would like to use the Zoom virtual classroom option and we will work on finding dates and subject matter that work for you and your class. For more information or to book a virtual lesson, contact email@example.com
Our Facebook Page will have a series of education-oriented posts.
- Every Tuesday at 1:00 pm we will feature a filmed Survivor or Second Generation conversation. (Recommended for grades 5 and above) Viewers will be able to ask questions.
- Every Wednesday at 1:00 pm our Registrar will highlight different artifacts in the Museum’s collection.
- Just for Teachers Thursday: Every Thursday at 1:00 pm an educator will discuss resources and topics you can use in your virtual classroom. We will answer your questions.
Online resources featuring primary sources that can be used independently or with our Education Team’s assistance:
- Museum Guide for Educators has images and activities corresponding with our core exhibition. You are welcome to download it and use it online in your virtual classroom.
- Clips from Survivor testimonies: Include a short description and are a powerful first-hand testimony that you can include in your virtual lessons.
- Our collection of art and artifacts is searchable!: A powerful resource for any Holocaust topic you are teaching.
- Our YouTube channel has a variety of content you can use anytime
All these options are completely free. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and requests.
All workshops are scheduled from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm, unless otherwise indicated, and snacks are provided. No cost to attend.
Pinellas County Teachers: please register through True North Logic system. With any questions please contact our Education Department at email@example.com.
Teachers from all other counties, as well as private and parochial schools: please register with our Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designated Site of the FDOE Commissioner’s Task Force on Holocaust Education. Teacher Training is funded in part by FDOE Commissioner’s Task Force on Holocaust Education.